The latest Reuters Events Webinar of 2022 will address the global chip shortage. As a result of the shortages, the auto industry experienced a $210 billion loss in revenues and lost production of 7.7 million vehicles in 2021 alone. Its impact is ongoing and for many, the reaction is still uncertain. However, the future of vehicle architecture is very much trending towards becoming software focused. Introducing such agile methodology will accelerate continuous software development, and OEM’s deployment of software to the vehicle beyond the point of sale potentially enabling daily updates.
Don’t miss out on what is sure to be an insightful discussion by signing up for this FREE Reuters Events webinar on the 12th May at 11am ET: https://bit.ly/3kh74YH
You will learn from:
· Roshana Gammampila, Vice President – Product, Toyota Connected
· Anya Ernest, Exploration Lead, Polestar
· Bernd Reichert, SVP Automotive, AEye
· Dr. Gunnar Juergens, Head of Product Line LiDAR, Continental
· Moderator: Sam Abuelsamid, Principal Analyst, Guidehouse Insights
Here are some key concepts you can expect to be addressed in this live webinar panel discussion:
· OEMs must adjust to the next generation of car buyers who prioritise personalisation, convenience, and immediacy. · The shift from hardware to software orientation leaves the question of how automakers will optimise technology and create value by delivering a consumer-centric vehicle that can be an extension of the user’s smartphone. · Evaluate the different methods OEMs can stay relevant to the consumer: OTA updates, personalised and connected features, incorporating software that supports vehicle safety.
Unable to join us live? Not to worry, register for free here and we will send you the recordings after: https://bit.ly/3kh74YH